Title: Registered Interior Designer and Space Planner
WorkLodge is looking for an exceptional FULL-TIME Registered Interior Designer and Space Planner in Houston, TX 77070.
About the Role:WorkLodge is looking for a Registered Interior Designer and Space Planner with an ability to multi-task while tracking, monitoring, and overseeing all project related planning and inventory of furniture and workstations. You will attend meetings with clients and facilitate discussion/programming of space requirements. You never settle for anything less than stellar work and are able to learn and adapt quickly to change and juggle various tasks within a timely and expedient manner, paying special attention to accuracy and communication with multiple team members. This role supports internal design teams in a variety of operations including space planning and site layouts. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience working in an office environment, familiarity with design software, and a degree in Architecture or a related field with an understanding of the latest architectural approaches.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile project specifications.
- Produce detailed blueprints and make any necessary corrections.
- Control project from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design.
- Take the “brief” to identify WorkLodge’s needs and put together feasibility reports and design proposals.
- Design floor plans for all WorkLodge locations.
- Cooperate and liaise with construction professionals.
- Make on-site visits to check on project status and report on the project.
- Ensure that all works are carried out to specific standards, building codes, guidelines and regulations.
- Develop ideas keeping in mind WorkLodge needs, building’s usage and environmental impact.
- Keep within budgets and timelines.
- Follow architectural trends and advancements.
- Protect WorkLodge brand in all settings.
Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent of education, certifications and work experience.
- Must be licensed and must have own stamp.
- Must have the ability to produce construction drawings.
- Proven work experience in the field.
- Strong portfolio to prove artistic skill.
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards.
- Advanced skills in space planning and design.
- Strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions.
- Advanced skills and knowledge with design software (AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, SketchUp, 3d Studio VIZ or similar).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask projects from start to finish.
- Passion and understanding of entrepreneurial communities.
WorkLodge creates beautifully crafted, fully furnished Private Office and Executive Suite solutions for freelancers, entrepreneurs, work-from-home professionals and larger companies needing to house remote or off-site employees.
We create a work environment for them to simply plug into, so they can focus on what they do best (running their business) while leaving us to do what we do best - taking care of everything else.
WorkLodge is founded on our five core values that stem from the overriding vision: To Be Amazing!
Ready to work with the awesome people at WorkLodge? Send in your resume to get the process started. We can't wait to hear from you!